Alejandro is a young composer, pianist and music educator formed in Spain and Austria as a classical and contemporary music pianist and composer as well as in jazz, modern music and improvisation.
His catalog of works is very varied, demonstrating proficiency in a very wide variety of musical fields. Within them we can highlight his works for chamber music, electroacoustic, film music and video game music and sound design.
He is author of the Blog “In Context”, where he writes about music and the social factors involved, mixing personal observations and experiences and academic writing.
He is also a Conductor, Music Producer, Sound Designer, Sociologist and Writer.
As a composer…
… he has been student of Ferrer Ferran, Claudia Montero, Voro García, Reinhard Karger, Christian Mühlbacher, Paul Urbanek…
He has also participated in courses and seminars given by important composers and personalities such as Anton Garcia Abril, James Horner, Héctor Parra, Toshio Hosokawa, Cristóbal Halffter, Lorin Maazel, Gustavo Dudamel, Beat Furrer, Georg Friedrich Haas…
His composition style embraces a large variety of music styles and aesthetics. He can be defined as a very eclectic composer, demonstrating proficiency in a very wide variety of musical fields:
- Concert and contemporary music for soloists, chamber music groups (Trance), Orchestra (Superb), Wind Orchestra, and electroacoustic works (Arc sur Canvas, Electro-Thunder Harp).
- Jazz music for Big Band (Tekamolo) and Piano.
- Music for Films, Short-Films, Documentaries and Spots.
- Music and Sound Design for Videogames (Adaline iOS).
- Songwriting and music production (Game of Life).
His works have been performed in Spain, Austria, Switzerland, USA and Taiwan.
Some of his latest highlighted works are:
- “Self-Destruction” for Wind Orchestra, commissioned by the Provincial Government of Castellon as a mandatory work in the 2013 Symphonic Bands Contest.
- “Tekamolo” for Big Band, premiered in Porgy and Bess (Vienna) by the Austrian Jazzcomposers Orchestra.
- “Paradigmen”, for the Crossover Project “New Pipa” in 2015. Composed for Pipa, Bamboo Flute and String Quartet performed by the Pacific Quartet Vienna.
- “Bahnhof des Lebens” (“Momentos Wien”), a Composition – Improvisation for Saxophon and Piano for a Dance-Theather Performance, premiered in Off- Theater in Vienna in 2015.
- “Pas de Deux”, a trio for clarinet, cello and piano inspired by and synchronised with the famous film of Norman McLaren with the same name.
As a pianist…
he has been student of Agustín Martínez and Juan Carlos Cornelles. He has also extended his piano education with Brenno Ambrosini, Carles Marín, Carlos Apellániz, Bogdan Kulakowski…
In Vienna he has expanded his piano skills, learning modern music and free improvisation with Manon Liu Winter, and jazz with Paul Urbanek.
As with composition, his experience as a pianist is very wide. He has given concerts as a soloist, as a accompanist, with Orchestra as well as with Wind Orchestra (MDW). He has been member of the Big Band of the Conservatory during 3 years. And he has been working in Café Diglas in Vienna playing during two years.
He can be defined as an all-road pianist, who can play any kind of classical music, jazz, pop arrangements, and improvisation.
Currently he is finishing his studies of Media Composition and Applied Music at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, as well as Sociology at the University of Vienna.
At the same time he works as an freelance composer, pianist and music teacher.