ARTIST / EDUCATOR
Born in Castellón de la Plana (Spain). Graduated in Piano and Music Composition by the Higher Conservatory of Music “Salvador Segui” of Castellon (Spain), and Master in Media Composition and Applied Music, and Electroacoustic Composition by the University of Music and Performing Arts of Vienna.
Alejandro is a Composer, Pianist and Music Educator formed in Spain and Austria as a classical and contemporary music pianist and composer as well as in jazz, modern music and improvisation.
His catalog of works is very varied, demonstrating proficiency in a very wide variety of musical fields. Within them we can highlight his works for chamber music, electroacoustic, film music and video game
music and sound design.
He is also a Conductor, Songwriter, Music Producer, Sound Designer, Sociologist and Writer.
As a composer…
… he has been student of Ferrer Ferran, Claudia Montero, Voro García, Reinhard Karger, Karlheinz Essl, Christian Mühlbacher, Johannes Kretz, Paul Urbanek…
He has also participated in courses and seminars given by important composers and personalities such as Anton Garcia Abril, James Horner, Alexandre Desplat, Danny Elfman, Héctor Parra, Toshio Hosokawa, Cristóbal Halffter, Lorin Maazel, Gustavo Dudamel, Beat Furrer, Georg Friedrich Haas…
His composition style embraces a large variety of music styles and aesthetics. He can be defined as a very eclectic composer, demonstrating proficiency in a very wide variety of musical fields:
- Concert and contemporary music for soloists, chamber music groups (Trance), Orchestra (Superb), Wind Orchestra, and electroacoustic works (Arc sur Canvas, Electro-Thunder Harp).
- Jazz (Tekamolo, Spanish Ballade for Big Band)
- Music for Films, Short-Films, Documentaries and Spots.
- Music and Sound Design for Videogames (Adaline iOS).
- Songwriting and music production (Game of Life, I’m a Minister).
His works have been performed in Spain, Austria, Switzerland, USA and Taiwan.
Some of his latest highlighted works are:
- “Self-Destruction” for Wind Orchestra, commissioned by the Provincial Government of Castellon as a mandatory work in the 2013 Symphonic Bands Contest.
- “Tekamolo” for Big Band, premiered in Porgy and Bess (Vienna) by the Austrian Jazzcomposers Orchestra.
- “Paradigmen”, for the Crossover Project “New Pipa” in 2015. Composed for Pipa, Bamboo Flute and String Quartet performed by the Pacific Quartet Vienna.
- “Bahnhof des Lebens” (“Momentos Wien”), a Composition – Improvisation for Saxophon and Piano for a Dance-Theather Performance, premiered in Off- Theater in Vienna in 2015.
- “Pas de Deux”, a trio for clarinet, cello and piano inspired by and synchronised with the famous film of Norman McLaren with the same name.
As a pianist…
he has been student of Agustín Martínez and Juan Carlos Cornelles. He has also received lessons from Brenno Ambrosini, Carles Marín, Carlos Apellániz, Bogdan Kulakowski… Later in Vienna he expanded his piano skills, learning modern music and free improvisation with Manon Liu Winter, and jazz with Paul Urbanek.
As with composition, his experience as a pianist is very wide:
- Soloist concerts in Spain and Austria
- Accompanist of Esther Abrami, Violin; Lucy Zhao, Pipa; and many more…
- Orchestra: Orchestra Klangvereinigung (Vienna, 2018); Orchestra of the Higher Conservatory of Music of Castellón (Spain, 2009)
- Wind Orchestra of the Music University of Vienna (2016)
- Big Band: Nouvelle Cuisine (Vienna, 2016); Big Band or the Higher Conservatory of Music of Castellón (Spain, 2009-2012)
- Jazz Pianist: Café Central Vienna, Cafe Ferrari, Café Diglas…
He can be defined as an all-road pianist, who can play any kind of classical music, jazz, pop arrangements, and improvisation.
Currently he combines his career as a composer and pianist with his passion for
pedagogy and music education, work to which he has been dedicated for almost 10 years.
He constantly tries to improve the quality of the music lessons and the way in which children
learn music through methods of music integration.
Additionally, he is finishing his studies of Sociology in the University of Vienna and
works as an Arranger and in Music Preparation for important events such as Hollywood in
Vienna, the Lifeball, and more recently in the Tour of “The World of Hans Zimmer”.